- 28-Feb-2017 to 31-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Office Staff
- Odessa, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary AD&D, Voluntary Life, Spousal Life, Dependent Life, Matching 401(k), Health/Dependent FSA and Tuition Reimbursement.
The Document Specialist supports the operations team with general office support, data entry, reporting, invoice reconciliation, vehicle maintenance scheduling, and other responsibilities as required by the local office and business needs. The Document Specialist will partner with multiple functional areas, including transportation management, drivers, dispatch, sales, finance, and human resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Invoice and bill customers, either directly or coordinated through centralized finance functions
- Enter financial, expense, time keeping or operations-related (e.g., DMV, vehicle maintenance) data and create/distribute reports as required
- Assist with data entry for fuel reconciliation and customer-specific initiatives (e.g., rail yard fuel accounting)
- Maintain basic understanding of products and services offered and local warehouse inventory to provide appropriate level of customer support
- In partnership with mechanics and operations management, maintain system for scheduling regular and as-needed vehicle maintenance
- In partnership with local management and human resources, provide HR-related support as required (e.g., scheduling interviews, greeting candidates, assisting with on-site completion of online applications, distributing/tracking/collecting HR paperwork)
- Based on local business need, perform limited dispatch responsibilities, order/delivery ticket review and creation, and driver communication management
- Set up master "keep full" order in ordering system (e.g., MAS or AS400)
- If Marine-based, coordinate deliveries with relevant port operations to schedule tugs/barges, transmit orders, coordinate with local product storage tanks, and schedule dock appointments
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years full-time work experience
- Experience in transportation industry strongly preferred, with exposure to fuel/lubricant product distribution desired; if Marine position, exposure to marine operations (e.g., docks, ports) preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Word and Outlook; knowledge of financial software preferred (e.g., MAS, SAP, JD Edwards)
- Enjoys the challenge of a difficult problem and demonstrates ability to solve a variety of user and network problems with immediate and effective solutions; asks good questions to isolate problems
- Knows when to solve problems on own and when to consult others for support; can differentiate a small problem from a large one and take appropriate action
- Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevancy of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations
- Can look at reports and other data and notice anomalies; is able to spot inconsistencies and correct or explain variances
- Can solve problems in intelligent, appropriate ways
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work with clients, customers, and partners to accurately assess needs; provide information or assistance; resolve problems, or satisfy requirements
- Seeks to understand situation or obtain information by asking questions, paraphrasing to ensure understanding and responding in appropriate helpful ways
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Be available to provide dispatch support as needed during evenings and/or on weekends/holidays
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold possible
Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer