- 03-Apr-2016 to 19-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Tank Wagon Driver
- Burley, ID, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary AD&D, Voluntary Life, Spousal Life, Dependent Life, Matching 401(k), Health/Dependent FSA and Tuition Reimbursement
Our CDL truck drivers are responsible to safely haul refined fuels and oils from the pick-up point to our customers, and/or to our bulk and warehouse facilities. This position is located in Burley, ID.
Description of Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct proper pre and post trip truck and trailer inspections
- Safely drive loaded and empty tanker trucks of various sizes, makes/models and configurations
- Properly load and unload tanker, truck and trailer
- Able to accurately handle, hook and unhook hoses
- Able to operate pumps and valves for loading and unloading, both on and off the truck
- Safely fill tanks of all types and sizes, using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings
- Safely use pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, hammers, and other hand tools
- Accurately complete driver logs, pre and post trip forms, invoices, and other paperwork as required
- Courteously work with bosses, dispatchers, fellow employees, and customers
- Class A or B CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements
- Current DOT medical card; one year full time verifiable driving experience in the last 3 years
- No more than two moving violations in last 3 years
- No felonies in last 10 years; no misdemeanors in last 5 years
- No DUI's in last 7 years
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able and willing to work long hours, including day and night shifts
- Able to safely climb ladders and walk on top of truck tank
- Able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods
- Able to lift 50 to 100 lbs
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, and in-truck driving test
Now that you have read the job description, below are the next steps!
Click APPLY to fill out the application. Depending on the position, the application process takes 15 to 45 minutes. You will be required to list full details of your employment history, including current or prior company and supervisor names - contact information - previous residences - endorsements, etc. so plan accordingly.
It may take as little as two business days or up to two weeks for a decision. But don't get discouraged. Our goal is to make sure you receive feedback!
While you are waiting, feel free to familiarize yourself with our industry services (http://www.pilotthomas.com/services.html) to be better prepared if you are selected to continue through the process.
Best of luck! PTL Recruiting Team
Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer