- 17-Feb-2017 to 01-Apr-2017 (EST)
- San Antonio, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary AD&D, Voluntary Life, Spousal Life, Dependent Life, Matching 401(k), Health/Dependent FSA and Tuition Reimbursement.
This position is responsible for the management of company fleet equipment and DOT compliance. It requires the supervision of a team of technicians who are responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the fleet. This position oversees all repairs and maintenance associated with fleet equipment while staying in compliance with all company, state and federal rules and regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilties
- Manage all Maintenance team members at shop.
- Relies on experience and judgment to assign job plans and accomplish Shop goals.
- Promote our Services shop both internally and externally.
- Must demonstrate leadership and good judgment in approaching decisions.
- Manage designated shop for providing daily supervision of shop team members
- Assist in formulating standards/work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback.
- Maximize the efficiency of designated shop work force and ensure shop profitability.
- Lead team members by allocating time for one on one coaching and provide mentoring with high standards.
- Oversee all applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Develop and oversee QA/QC inspection protocol of all work personnel and work performed.
- Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals.
- Communicates with all team members to support the development of short and long-range goals and objectives.
- Monitor the purchasing of repair parts and the work is done to the customers satisfaction
- Responsible for parts inventories, receipts, and processing of purchase orders (POs), outside labor, and repairs; responsible for local warranty claims and the warranty returns process.
- Communicate truck availability status.
- Interview and hire prospective shop employees; responsible for employee training and safety programs for designated shop and shop employees.
- Responsible for building and yard maintenance to ensure the shop is equipped adequately and safely.
- Ensure designated shop meets all government regulations (state and federal E.P.A. OSHA).
- May perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- High School Diploma required (or GED/High School Equivalency Certificate is acceptable)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Previous experience with truck maintenance and/or DOT regulations preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license to assist in moving vehicles, A CDL is preferred, but not required.
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment
- This position requires working in an office and mechanic shop setting
- Lifting (up to 50 lbs. occasionally and up to 30 lbs. frequently), walking, bending, squatting, reaching frequently are required
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions