- 19-Feb-2017 to 19-May-2017 (EST)
- Office Staff
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary AD&D, Voluntary Life, Spousal Life, Dependent Life, Matching 401(k), Health/Dependent FSA and Tuition Reimbursement.
Purpose of Role
The Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) Director of Card Lock Services reports to the EVP Commercial Operations and is responsible for developing and executing the overall Card Lock Services business strategy. This includes business development, sales, operations and the systems that support the business. An important part of the strategy is ensuring a safe working environment and environmentally sound operating practices. The Director of Card Lock Services will direct the day-to-day activities affecting product movement through the PTL Card Lock network in order to achieve goals within budget using the personnel available. This includes planning and organizing workloads and staff assignments, reviewing progress, and directing changes in priorities and schedules to ensure work is completed efficiently and timely. Additionally, this role necessitates developing contacts and strategies to cultivate and to maintain new business opportunities.
The position will be located at Pilot Thomas Logistics (PTL) corporate office in Fort Worth, TX.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Director of Card Lock Services is expected to:
- Provide managerial leadership and direct the selection, supervision and evaluation of staff. This involves conducting performance appraisals for direct reports and overseeing appraisals for district personnel, initiating and approving salary actions, and implementing disciplinary actions as warranted in order to resolve grievances and other sensitive personnel matters.
- Prepare and administer the Card Lock operating and capital budgets based on staffing and resource availability, cost estimates, and objectives. This includes monitoring and documenting expenditures to guarantee compliance with approved budget and staffing levels.
- Develop short- and long-range goals for the Cardlock group across all Regions with the home office and governmental agencies.
- Enhance management reporting, information flow, business processes, and organizational planning to support PTL's mission.
- Support PTL's customer base by engaging in their operations and being knowledgeable about their project needs in order to continue providing excellent petroleum products and services.
- Approve and monitor price quotes and sales order contracts as well as establish sales goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products and/or services.
- Identify prospective customers as sales leads based on information from direct sources, business directories, and other sources.
- Develop and execute sales plans/programs that align with Region sales goals to ensure the profit growth and expansion of company products and services.
- Develop and recommend pricing strategy for the organization with the goal of owning the greatest share of the market over the long run.
- Ensure effective control of sales results and the achievement of sales objectives within designated budgets. It may be necessary to enact corrective action to be certain that this occurs successfully.
- Recommend changes in the base structure and organization of the sales group to ensure the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing problems and opportunities so that objectives can be successfully achieved.
- Identify and clarify customer requirements for new products & product improvements.
- Assist in collecting receivables within contracted time period.
Span of Control
- Manages at least 4 people (typically exempt coworkers or professional non-exempt coworkers).
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- May manage external vendor relationships.
- Establishes goals & objectives for self and coworkers within reporting structure.
- Work deliverables are a combination of assigned and self initiated for self and coworkers within reporting structure.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and/or Business Management; or 7-10 years of experience in roles of progressive responsibility in a similar industry, with 5+ years spent at a key management level; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years commercial/industrial experience in fuel marketing preferred.
- Knowledge of fiscal management, including but not limited to budgeting and forecasting process desirable.
- Understanding of the sales/marketing relationship.
- Knowledge and experience of market analysis desirable.
- Understanding of the product development process is a plus; product launch and developing an integrated marketing plan experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hardware and software required to operate a Cardlock network.
- Exposure or knowledge of SAP and software core applications is a plus.
- Understanding of fleet card offerings (i.e. Voyager, Fuel Man, EFS, Wright Express).
- Excellent cross-functional team leadership and participation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as the ability to present information to a wide range of people.
- Travel will be required (25%)