- 22-Feb-2017 to 23-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Frac Technician
- Oklahoma City, OK, USA
- Full Time
KEY INCENTIVES ----- Paid WEEKLY, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Excellent Benefits Packages & 401(k) Participation, Work-life Balance, Tuition Reimbursment and more!
The Frac Field Supervisors ensure all Frac field processes are followed by Frac team members to ensure 100% customer satisfaction in a safe and efficient manner. Frac Field Supervisor will coach, train, and assist in building teams to ensure successful completion of Company goals, all while being a working, integral part of the onsite functioning crew.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily onsite leadership to our crews, as well as a consistent resource to our customers onsite
- Lead and coach team members, through active participation in onsite activities, in order to provide customers a positive experience.
- With Manager and HR approval, ability to provide team members corrective action and coaching information in order for them to improve their job performance
- Maintains all paperwork for assigned shift, including JSEA, order forms, time sheets, daily logs and other paperwork assigned by supervisor
- Coordinate shift scheduling for team members
- Willingness to learn, follow, and enforce operations and safety rules for customer locations and enforce these policies daily
- Follow PTL's incident and accident reporting procedures
- Leads all team meetings
- Ensures all team members are meeting PTL and customer expectations
- Follow all Federal and State laws, as well as company policies while driving company vehicles
- Follow and enforce all PTL and customer safety procedures and protocols as per approved SOP
- Follow and enforce all PTL load/unload policies and procedures, as well as all refueling policies as per approved SOP
- Safely navigate all roads in all weather conditions
- Ensures good housekeeping practices are adhered to in work area and in company vehicles
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal tactfully with others at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize, multi-task, manage time, organize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with customers and team members on Frac location and in an office location
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, responsibilities, strategies, demands and timelines.
- Strong personal and customer service skills.
- Understands all facets of Frac Fueling, including shift paperwork requirements.
- Ability to constructively communicate with Frac Operations leadership
- Ability to deliver results through others and leads by example
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- CDL Preferred (but not required)
- Ability to obtain PTL Onsite Driver Card
- Basic math and vocabulary - reading and writing
- Familiar with DOT Regulations
- Experience in directing team-oriented work groups.
- 3 months with PTL or applicable previous onsite experience within the Frac'ing industry
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to safely enter the cab of truck, even when surfaces are slick, by maintaining 3 points of contact at all times
- Physically able to lift up to 80 lbs. frequently Physically able to push/pull up to 150 lbs. frequently
- Physically able to sit and/or drive for long periods of time
- Physically able to climb a 10' ladder
- Ability to work in and around chemicals and fuels
- Ability to work with noise of engines, drilling rigs, pumps and equipment
- Able to stoop, bend, conduct work overhead for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions: rain, fog, ice, snow, wind and temperatures ranging from 10o to 100o+.
Now that you have read the job description, below are the next steps!
Click APPLY to fill out the application. The application process takes 15 to 45 minutes depending on the position. You will be required to list full details of your employment history, including current or prior company and supervisor names - contact information - previous residences - endorsements, etc. so plan accordingly.
It may take as little as two business days or up to two weeks for a decision. But don't get discouraged. Our goal is to make sure you receive feedback!
While you are waiting, feel free to familiarize yourself with our industry services (http://www.pilotthomas.com/services.html) to be better prepared if you are selected to continue through the process.
Best of luck! PTL Recruiting Team
Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer