- 22-Feb-2017 to 23-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Transport Driver
- Fort Lupton, CO, USA
- Pay by the Load
- Commission Only
- Full Time
KEY INCENTIVES ----- Paid WEEKLY, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Excellent Benefits Packages & 401(k) Participation, Work-life Balance, Tuition Reimbursment and more!
Pilot Thomas Logistics Fuel Transport Drivers (Class A) play a vital role in ensuring our customers have the finest quality fuel available. As a multi-state fuel and oil distributor, we primarily deliver fuels and oils to both the wholesale and retail markets. We have terminals in West Virginia, Ohio, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Oklahoma. Our drivers are home daily, driving roughly about 200 miles, and require hazmat & tank endorsements. Class A CMV any combination of vehicles with a GCWR of 26,001 lbs or more provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) that is being towed is in excess of 10,000 lbs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Proper pre and post trip truck and trailer inspections
- Safely drive loaded and empty tanker trucks of various sizes, makes/models, and configurations
- Properly load and unload; handling, hooking, and unhooking hoses
- Operating pumps and valves for loading and unloading, both on and off the truck
- Safely fill tanks of all types and sizes using various size hoses, nozzles, and fittings; safely using pipe wrenches, crescent wrenches, hammers, and other hand tools
- Accurately complete driver logs, pre and post trip forms, invoices, and other paperwork as required
- Courteously work with bosses, dispatchers, fellow employees, and customers.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Class A CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsements
- Current 1 year DOT medical card
- One year full time verifiable driving experience in the last 3 years
- No more than one moving violation in last 3 years
- Able to work in all weather conditions, willing to work long hours including day and night shifts
- Able to drive truck off road, on roads that are narrow and have steep inclines; able to properly install tire chains in snowy, icy, and muddy conditions
- Able to safely climb ladders and walk on top of truck tanks; able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods; able to lift 50 to 100 lbs
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and in truck driving test
- No sponsorship or relocation is available
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to one hundred (100) pounds
- May be required to be exposed to extreme weather conditions (snow, ice, heat, winds)
- May be required to drive for long periods of time
- Remote locations
Now that you have read the job description, below are the next steps!
Click APPLY to fill out the application. Depending on the position, the application process takes 15 to 45 minutes. You will be required to list full details of your employment history, including current or prior company and supervisor names - contact information - previous residences - endorsements, etc. so plan accordingly.
It may take as little as two business days or up to two weeks for a decision. But don't get discouraged. Our goal is to make sure you receive feedback!
While you are waiting, feel free to familiarize yourself with our industry services (http://www.pilotthomas.com/services.html) to be better prepared if you are selected to continue through the process.
Best of luck! PTL Recruiting Team
Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer