- 02-Mar-2017 to 01-May-2017 (EST)
- Marine Division
- Huntington Beach, CA, USA
- Full Time
KEY INCENTIVES ----- Paid WEEKLY, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Excellent Benefits Packages & 401(k) Participation, Work-life Balance, Tuition Reimbursment and more!
The Dock Worker is responsible for all aspects of fuels proper maintenance and daily fuel transactions for the California marine fueling stations located at Huntington Beach, CA.
Essential Duties & Responsibities
- Fueling station maintenance. Determine status of tanks and check all valves, hoses, and nozzles. Check emergency pump shut off, ensure pump pressure at dock is within acceptable limits. Conduct facility security checks. Keep fueling station clean and organized.
- Inventory maintenance. Count product for inventory.
- Customer service/product delivery. Fuel boats, yachts or direct vessels to proper fill station. Determine flow rate and set valve. Register all vessels fueled on log sheet. Collect payment from customers as required and submit for appropriate tracking/reconciliation.
- Safety maintenance/environmental compliance. Check spill pads and absorbent boom for accessibility and condition.
- Other duties as assigned. Assist drivers and warehouse employees as needed. Provide assistance to vessel vendor staff (e.g., captains, maintenance teams) as needed.
Minimum Education & Experience
- High school Diploma or GED
- Handle (using both hands and arms and rotation of the hand or wrist)
- Manipulate fingers to pick, pinch or, otherwise working with fingers primarily
- Walk, sit and stand for an extended period of time; carry, push, pull, and lift in excess of 50 pounds
- Engage in coherent speech and possess capacity to hear loud and soft noises
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and in warehouse with open dock doors
- Ability to work in environment that provides exposure to loud noises, vibrations, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Now that you have read the job description, below are the next steps!
Click APPLY to fill out the application. Depending on the position, the application process takes 15 to 45 minutes. You will be required to list full details of your employment history, including current or prior company and supervisor names - contact information - previous residences - endorsements, etc. so plan accordingly.
It may take as little as two business days or up to two weeks for a decision. But don't get discouraged. Our goal is to make sure you receive feedback!
While you are waiting, feel free to familiarize yourself with our industry services (http://www.pilotthomas.com/services.html) to be better prepared if you are selected to continue through the process.
Best of luck! PTL Recruiting Team
Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer