- 03-Mar-2017 to 02-May-2017 (EST)
- Tank Wagon Driver
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
KEY INCENTIVES ----- Paid WEEKLY, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Excellent Benefits Packages & 401(k) Participation, Work-life Balance, Tuition Reimbursment and more!
This Seattle based position will be responsible for making deliveries of bulk fuels primarily ULSD #2 to heavy duty commercial, industrial, and marine accounts in Western WA. Our office and warehouses are based in Seattle on Harbor Island and in SODO. We are seeking a full time position which will include a Signing Bonus, Medical, Dental and 401 K benefits on top of a competitive hourly wage. Opportunity to receive quarterly safety bonus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Make delivery of bulk petroleum products to customer sites in compliance with state and federal regulations and all Company operational and safety policies and procedures
- Maintain truck and delivery logs in compliance with state and federal regulations; conduct required pre and post-trip inspections
- Communicate customer needs and inquiries to appropriate departments for follow-up
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned or requested
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- High school diploma preferred
- CDL (Class A or Class B) with HAZMAT endorsement and current DOT medical card
- Minimum two years' of commercial driving experience, obtained within the past 3 years
- Experience performing housekeeping on trucks to maintain good working order, safe conditions, and cleanliness.
- Ability to maintain authorization to obtain fuel at loading racks as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain regulatory authorization (e.g., Transportation Worker Identification Credential through the Transportation Security Administration)
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job, including walking and periods of prolonged sitting, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. (minimum 85 pounds when making deliveries to marine accounts due to different equipment); ability to comply with the physical requirements as defined by the Department of Transportation
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods
- Able to lift 50 to 100 lbs
Now that you have read the job description, below are the next steps!
Click APPLY to fill out the application. Depending on the position, the application process takes 15 to 45 minutes. You will be required to list full details of your employment history, including current or prior company and supervisor names - contact information - previous residences - endorsements, etc. so plan accordingly.
It may take as little as two business days or up to two weeks for a decision. But don't get discouraged. Our goal is to make sure you receive feedback!
While you are waiting, feel free to familiarize yourself with our industry services (http://www.pilotthomas.com/services.html) to be better prepared if you are selected to continue through the process.
Best of luck! PTL Recruiting Team
Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer