- 07-Mar-2017 to 06-May-2017 (EST)
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary AD&D, Voluntary Life, Spousal Life, Dependent Life, Matching 401(k), Health/Dependent FSA and Tuition Reimbursement
Primary responsibility of this role will be supporting SQL Server databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security. Backup support for all company SQL Server databases. Applies extensive and advanced technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Assignments are often self-initiated. Considered a subject matter expert. Secondary responsibility of this role will be to provide support to PTL's SSIS and SSRS environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure availability and performance of the databases that support the system. Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure minimum downtime. Work with the Server Administration team to maintain the databases.
- Capacity planning and monitoring database growth. Providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of issues related to the SQL Server databases.
- Responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Create shell scripts for task automation.
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Position requires 24x7 availability to resolve any production issues
- Create and optimize database objects (Tables, Indexes, SQL statements, stored procedures, views, etc.).
- Primary ownership of all enterprise wide SQL related technologies (SSIS, SSRS, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of direct SQL DBA experience supporting a production environment.
- Professional experience with relational databases (SQL Server) required.
- 3+ years of experience programming in SQL
- Experience with SQL server 2012 or higher required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Operating systems required
- Knowledge of storage architecture as it relates to physical DB design.
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS, and other application features is a must.
- Ability to write & tune SQL scripts for data retrieval and reporting.
- Experience analyzing and developing advanced DTS ad SSIS packages.
- Experience creating, modifying, and deploying SSRS reports.
- This position requires working in an office setting, with long periods of time sitting
- Must be able to stand, bend, push and pull at least up to 10 lbs