- 04-Apr-2017 to 03-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Office Staff
- Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary AD&D, Voluntary Life, Spousal Life, Dependent Life, Matching 401(k), Health/Dependent FSA and Tuition Reimbursement
The Logistics Support Representative is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs as well as communicating effectively with team members within the customer service department. This position thrives in a quick sales cycle environment. Position plays a fundamental role in achieving our new customer and sales growth objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Answer customer calls and route to appropriate department. Comfortable initiating outgoing calls to customers, channel partners, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and closing sales.
- Successfully multi-task and prioritize between multiple email boxes and up to 100 phone calls per day. Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Create complete customer orders within the standard timeline of order creation and route delivery tickets to correct Logistic Coordinator for dispatching
- Understand customer requirements to make sure we have all information needed to successfully obtain; invoice the customer; and determine solutions for customers.
- Utilize a strong knowledge of petroleum products to assist customer in consultative manner when placing orders, determining product capabilities, and gaining share of wallet within customer accounts.
- Partner with logistics coordinators for specific delivery area to identify opportunities for retained fuel sales opportunities
- Develop and utilize customer relationships to proactively increase sales opportunities through pipeline development; maintaining customer database within territory; and account research.
- Utilize various features of SAP to identify previous orders for customers
- Work closely with Customer Service Operations Directors to determine the necessary strategic customer service and sales approach
- Collaboration with PTL outside sales team to support customer requests
- Interfacing with members of the Executive Leadership team when necessary
- Partner with appropriate internal business partners, outside sales, accounting, field operations to ensure proper set up of correct ship to with directions for customer accounts
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED; undergraduate degree in Business Administration or a combination of education and/or experience in lieu of degree preferred
- 2-4 years' experience customer service
- 1-2 years' experience sales
- Specific petroleum products knowledge preferred
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Excellent verbal and writing communications skills
- Must maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of the assigned duties and responsibilities which may include, but are not limited to the following
- This position requires working in an office setting, with long periods of time sitting
- Must be able to stand, bend, push and pull at least up to 10 lbs