- 05-Apr-2017 to 04-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Marine Division
- Carlin, NV, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Voluntary AD&D, Voluntary Life, Spousal Life, Dependent Life, Matching 401(k), Health/Dependent FSA and Tuition Reimbursement
The General Manger of Operations is responsible for overseeing all operations activities to ensure a safe working environment, and environmentally sound operating practices. The Area Operations Manager will work in concert with the Dispatch Manager and the dispatchers in order to optimize product delivery and achieve a high level of customer service. This position is located in Carlin, NV and relocation assistance will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct the safe and effective day-to-day activities of the area warehousing operation including all transfer equipment and product inventories on non-fuel product except where the facilities have permanent tank farms in order to achieve goals within budgeted funds and available personnel
- Plan and organize workloads and staff assignments, review progress, direct changes in priorities and schedules as needed to ensure work is completed in an efficient and timely manner and customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Manage accurate product inventory and quality by tracking tank and bulk inventory levels and records, incoming and outgoing product shipments, maintaining awareness of product shortages, and establishing strict methodical procedures
- Coordinate and manage safety procedures at the warehouse and within market area. This includes developing and maintaining a thorough operational knowledge of safety, health, and transportation procedures and regulations which include but are not limited to weight limitations, environmental regulations and reporting requirements, spill response and HazWPR training & implementation requirements in coordination with the Safety Director and local Safety Representatives
- Building great rapport throughout the area with team members through good people management practices and all federal, state and local regulations, provide managerial leadership, evaluation, and clear & concise direction to team members, and solicit encouragement.
- Develop and implement key metrics to drive performance in safety, environmental compliance, cost management & productivity as well as develop performance appraisals and feedback to employees
- Partner with Human Resources on employee relations, recruitment, benefits, and training
- Develop and maintain a systematic procedure for training and/or certifying new drivers in the various components of their tasks including hazardous materials communication, product handling, quality assuredness, proper container and product labeling and proper equipment operation.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred plus 3-5 years' experience working in operations with at least 2 year's management or supervisory experience within large teams (over 100 employees)
- 2+ years of change management or organization development skills illustrated with successful results
- Must have a Class A commercial driver license with HazMat and Tank endorsement and an impeccable driving record.
- Must be forklift-certified.
- Experience with hazardous materials and lubricants is preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of warehousing techniques and concepts.
- Great communication skills including but not limited to grammar and verbal amongst coworkers, peers, and leadership
- Over 50% travel required
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as required, in order to perform required duties
- Occasionally climb ladders to inspect tanks and vehicles
- Must be able to lift as much as 100lbs occasionally
- May be required to be exposed to extreme weather conditions and unsafe environments
Now that you have read the job description, below are the next steps!
Click APPLY to fill out the application. Depending on the position, the application process takes 15 to 45 minutes. You will be required to list full details of your employment history, including current or prior company and supervisor names - contact information - previous residences - endorsements, etc. so plan accordingly.
It may take as little as two business days or up to two weeks for a decision. But don't get discouraged. Our goal is to make sure you receive feedback!
While you are waiting, feel free to familiarize yourself with our industry services (http://www.pilotthomas.com/services.html) to be better prepared if you are selected to continue through the process.
Best of luck! PTL Recruiting Team
Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer