- 11-Apr-2017 to 10-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Terminal Help - Bulk Plant, Warehouse
- Artesia, NM, USA
- Full Time
KEY INCENTIVES ----- Paid WEEKLY, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Excellent Benefits Packages & 401(k) Participation, Work-life Balance, Tuition Reimbursment and more!
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for assisting the Terminal Manager in the operation of the warehouse, inventory and safe practices. The Warehouse Associate reports directly to the Terminal Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- At first of shift, take inventory by sticking or sight glass; inspect each inventoried tank and valves for signs of leakage
- Inspect all pumps at loading and unloading areas for leaks
- Make sure all trash receptacles are empty and do not contain combustible material
- All loading and unloading areas should be clean and free from possible safety hazards
- All bulk-in containers' (buckets, drums, etc.) products are properly refilled and stacked in a safe manner
- Used and Empty Drum Staging Area should be maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards
- New Drum Staging Area is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards
- Full and or Empty, Used Filter Drum Staging Area is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards
- Warehouse floor is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards
- Maintenance performed on all pump gear boxes in the loading and unloading areas; Oil should be changed every six (6) months with non-detergent 30 weight, or with Chevron Tegra Synthetic ISO 150 (recommended by pump supplier Blackmer)
- Maintain and service air compressors to manufacturer's specifications and requirements
- All tanks should be maintained, capped/sealed to prevent the accumulation of moisture
- All tanks in the New Tank Staging area to be delivered to our customers must be inspected inside and out, proper decals and placards applied
- Used tanks brought in from the field must be inspected for holes, dents, or cracks
- Used tanks brought in from the field must be inspected for leaks by dispensing 5-10 gallons of off-road diesel and rolled slowly on the ground for possible leaks
- Used tanks passing inspection are to be drained, painted, dressed (proper decaling) and stage in the proper Staging Area
- Tank stands are to be inspected for damaged legs, bracing, cracks or broken welds
- Stands passing inspection are to be cleaned and painted, before being placed in the proper Staging Area
- Any product being delivered from an outside carrier must be sampled and approved before offloading
- Properly use, maintain and operate a Forklift in a safe manner
- In the situation of understaffing, available to fill in as a driver
- Training of new drivers as to where to pick up product or drop product off
- Conduct safe forklift operation or training as needed
- Work with Terminal Manager in the organization of the warehouse and yard
- Work with Terminal Manager in the inventory control of the warehouse and yard
- Inspect utility trailer and wheel bearings
- Notify the Terminal Manager of inventory levels
- Notify Terminal Manager of any unsafe equipment, unsafe procedures/practices or any situation which will jeopardize the safety, control of company assets; any issue that could become a liability, and/or a violation of company policy
- Participate in any other related task or activity which management determines his/her skills would be useful or needed
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Promotes Company and Safety Philosophies, Policies and Procedures
- Familiar with Equipment (Bobtail, Transport, Frac, Forklift, Storage Tanks, and Pumps)
- Flexible work week
- Have reliable transportation
- CDL certified a plus, but NOT required
- Organized, ability to manage time, work with minimal direction, and have the ability to multi-task
- Some mechanical skills and/or knowledge
- Willing to accept more responsibility, as needed
- Must be able to safely enter the cab of truck, even when surfaces are slick.
- Physically able to lift up to 80 lbs frequently
- Physically able to push/pull up to 150 lbs frequently
- Physically able to sit and/or drive for long periods of time
- Physically able to climb a 10' ladder
- Ability to work in and around chemicals and fuels
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with noise of engines, drilling rigs, pumps and equipment
- Able to stoop, bend, conduct work overhead for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers
- Ability to work under adverse weather conditions: rain, fog, ice, snow, wind and temperatures ranging from 10o to 100o+
Now that you have read the job description, below are the next steps!
Click APPLY to fill out the application. Depending on the position, the application process takes 15 to 45 minutes. You will be required to list full details of your employment history, including current or prior company and supervisor names - contact information - previous residences - endorsements, etc. so plan accordingly.
It may take as little as two business days or up to two weeks for a decision. But don't get discouraged. Our goal is to make sure you receive feedback!
While you are waiting, feel free to familiarize yourself with our industry services (http://www.pilotthomas.com/services.html) to be better prepared if you are selected to continue through the process.
Best of luck! PTL Recruiting Team
Pilot Thomas Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.