- 11-Apr-2017 to 10-Jun-2017 (EST)
- Artesia, NM, USA
- Full Time
KEY INCENTIVES ----- Paid WEEKLY, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Excellent Benefits Packages & 401(k) Participation, Work-life Balance, Tuition Reimbursment and more!
The Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the trucks and facilities and coordinating all required repairs. He/She must own a mechanic's tool set, capable of supporting general heavy equipment fleet, including electrical and internal combustion engine and be willing to expand personal tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain inventory of parts necessary to perform job (i.e., bulbs, gloves, fittings, etc.).
- Evaluate poorly running trucks and insures their proper repair.
- Provide regular maintenance of facility and all equipment.
- Review vehicle inspection reports and insure all repairs will be made.
- Perform all required DOT and CHP services and inspections. Keep up-to-date truck files and ensure that the Company is in compliance with all regulations.
- Keep fleet in compliance with all DOT and CHP regulations.
- Ensure that trucks are always in a safe operating condition.
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED; Associate's Degree preferred.
- Mechanic certification preferred (air brake adjustment, etc.)
- Valid driver's license with Class A endorsements
- 2-5 years' experience in the heavy equipment industry; diesel engine experience and hydraulics preferred
- Basic understanding of: Internal Combustion Engines (both gas and diesel), DC Electrical Systems, Air Systems, Brakes / Suspension Systems, Heavy Trucks/Automotive, Welding techniques, Fuel Systems, Electrical Systems, Hydraulic Systems
- Must own a mechanical tool set
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Able to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Heavy physical effort (up to 100 pounds).
- Hearing, talking, walking, periods of prolonged sittings.
Now that you have read the job description, below are the next steps!
Click APPLY to fill out the application. The application process takes 15 to 45 minutes depending on the position. You will be required to list full details of your employment history, including current or prior company and supervisor names - contact information - previous residences - endorsements, etc. so plan accordingly.
It may take as little as two business days or up to two weeks for a decision. But don't get discouraged. Our goal is to make sure you receive feedback!
While you are waiting, feel free to familiarize yourself with our industry services (http://www.pilotthomas.com/services.html) to be better prepared if you are selected to continue through the process.
Best of luck! PTL Recruiting Team